We’ve outlined a basic workflow for enhancement requests.
- Goal and User story sections are important and should not be omitted, they are very helpful for developers and testers to understand the context of the spec
- Scenarios section is important and should not be omitted. It is extremely helpful in ensuring that feature expectations are met. It helps testers a lot. It describes expected system behavior from an untrained user point of view. It describes how all those configurations and administration settings come into play to produce expected system behavior.
- State the business case or need:
- State the goal and how you will know you’ve reached it.
- Do you need reports or queries?
- Queries are easier to make and can be run by yourself as well.
- Prerequisites – What integration’s need to be accounted for? (Comp Raters, Exports, AL3, API)
- Describe prerequisites and desired functionality as a whole:
- Access Rules and Business Rules. (Provide more details in section below)
- Does this new UW Rule affect past (old) policies if they are endorsed or only apply to NB and Renewals?
Report and Query Mock up Sample
Describe which columns you desired if a query or report is requested.
| || || || || || |
|1||Describe limitations or conditions for proposed functionality.|
Document Templates or other requirements?
Describe a few use case examples you expect this functionality to affect.
| || || || |
| || || || |